Now I return, though, with a meme from maddoggirl:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favourite lyric to your current favourite song. Or your favourite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
1. If you could have been in any band, no matter what instrument you may or may not play, what would it have been?
Great question (and it definitely has to be disregarding musical talent!). I'm not sure about a band, per se, but I really would have loved to be able to be like Billie Holiday. I've dreamt of being a jazz singer - the small obstacle being my inability to carry a tune at all.
2. Do you have any hats?
Oh, yes! I love hats. I once had a gorgeous cream-coloured one, with a turned-down brim, but I left it on a Greyhound bus and never saw it again. The only trouble with hats, though, is that even when it's really cold they tend to make my head so warm that I get a severe headache; as well as terrible hat hair. My favourite is a black vintage cloche hat that my grandmother bought me years ago at a Paris fleamarket, when I was there staying with her.
3. What nickname do family/friends have for you?
'Monty'. Two of my (then) young cousins came up with it - can't remember why, now. I sometimes get variations like 'Montego' and 'Montenegro' from my friends! I prefer to think that my namesake is the venerable Field Marshal Montgomery, who led the British to victory during WWII at Al Alamein.
4. Going on holiday this year?
Not really, but I am about to move halfway around the world, if that counts! (More about that in my next post...)
5. Alcoholic beverage of preference?
I think that would have to be dry red wine. Happily, here in Cape Town we have numerous wine farms and some really excellent vino.